Publications since 2018:
- Elmore JP, McGee MC, Nidetz NF, Anannya O, Huang W†, and August A†. Tuning T helper cell differentiation by ITK. Biochem Soc Trans. (2020) Online ahead of print, https://doi.org/10.1042/BST20190486
- Huang L, Ye K, Nidetz NF, Elmore JP, Limper CB, McGee MC, Southard TL, Russell DG, August A, and Huang W. Interleukin-2-inducible T-cell kinase deficiency impairs early pulmonary protection against Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. Front Immunol. 10:3103. DOI: 10.3389/fimmu.2019.03103 (2020).
- Nidetz NF, McGee MC, Tse LV, Li C, Cong L, Li, Y, and Huang W. Adeno-associated viral vector-mediated immune responses: Understanding barriers to gene delivery. Pharmacol Ther. 207: 107453. DOI: 10.1016/j.pharmthera.2019.107453 (2020).
- Afroz S, Shama, Battu S, Matin S, Solouki S, Elmore J, Minhas G, Huang W, August A, and Khan N. Amino acid starvation enhances vaccine efficacy by augmenting neutralizing antibody production. Sci Signal. 12, eaav4717. DOI: 10.1126/scisignal.aav4717 (2019).
- Pharmacol Ther. 201:39-50. DOI: 10.1016/j.pharmthera.2019.05.008 (2019). Non-receptor tyrosine kinase signaling in autoimmunity and therapeutic implications.
- Cao J, Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. HDAC11 regulates type I interferon signaling through defatty-acylation of SHMT2.
- Owen DL, Mahmud SA, Sjaastad LE, Williams JB, Simeonov DR, Ruscher R, Huang W, ……, and Farrar MA. Thymic regulatory T cells arise via two distinct developmental programs. Nat Immunol. 20(2): 195-205. DOI: 10.1038/s41590-018-0289-6 (2019).
- Huang W, Solouki S, Carter C, Zheng SG, and August A. Beyond type 1 regulatory T cells: co-expression of LAG3 and CD49b in IL-10-producing T cell lineages. Front Immunol. 9:2625. DOI: 10.3389/fimmu.2018.02625 (2018).
- Battu S, Afroz S, Giddaluru J, Naz S, Huang W, Khumukcham SS, et al. Amino acid starvation sensing dampens IL-1β production by activating riboclustering and autophagy. PLoS Biol. 16(4): e2005317. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pbio.2005317 (2018).
Selected Publications prior to 2018:
- Huang W, Solouki S, Koylass N, Zheng SG, and August A. ITK signalling via the Ras/IRF4 pathway regulates the development and function of Tr1 cells. Nat Commun. 8, 15871. DOI: 10.1038/ncomms15871 (2017).
- Huang W, Morales JL, Gazivoda VP, and August A. Non-receptor tyrosine kinases ITK and BTK negatively regulate mast cell pro-inflammatory responses to lipopolysaccharide. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 137(4):1197-205 (2016).
- Huang W, and August A. The signaling symphony: T cell receptor tunes cytokine-mediated T cell differentiation. J Leukoc Biol. 97(3):477-485 (2015).
- Huang W, Jeong AR, Kannan AK, Huang L, and August A. IL-2-inducible T cell kinase tunes T regulatory cell development and is required for suppressive function. J Immunol. 193(5):2267-72 (2014).
- Huang W, Qi Q, Hu J, Huang F, Laufer TM, and August A. Dendritic cell-MHC class II and Itk regulate functional development of regulatory innate memory CD4+ T cells in bone marrow transplantation. J Immunol. 192(7):3435-41 (2014).
- Huang W, Huang F, Kannan AK, Hu J, and August A. ITK tunes IL-4 induced development of innate memory CD8+ T cells in a γδ and invariant NKT cell-independent manner. J Leukoc Biol. 96(1):55-63 (2014).
- Huang W, Hu J, and August A. Cutting Edge: Innate memory CD8+ T cells are distinct from homeostatic expanded CD8+ T cells and rapidly respond to primary antigenic stimuli. J Immunol. 190(6):2490-4 (2013).